Labrador or Bewick
We look forward to welcoming you to the Inn
You are view guest information for the Labrador and Bewick's Swan Rooms
Below you will find all your guest information - please save this page to your device so you can refer back to it during your stay.
- Your room will be available from 3pm
- Please report to reception.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, which are out of our control–on occasion we may have to delay check in until the room meets our high standards. This is to ensure you enjoy the best possible experience and your health, welfare and safety needs are all met at all times.
Collecting your Key
- Please complete your online check in form prior to arrival - this will ensure on arrival you will simply need to report to reception to collect your key. If you have not done so already you can by clicking HERE
- The reception team will direct you to your room.
- Breakfast is served between 8am and 10.15am in the main hotel or Room service from 8am until 8.45am– this will be prebooked at check in.
- We will try our best to accommodate your preference but please note we may have to stipulate a different time due to demand and availability.
- Please dial "0"on your bedroom telephone.
What to do in case of a Fire
YOUR ASSEMBLY POINT IS THE ON THE MAIN LAWN IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL
Make sure everyone in the hotel knows about the fire – raise the alarm by breaking the glass – shout and get everyone together.
Get everyone out
Exit the hotel by using the designated fire exits depending on which area you are in and rejoin at the main car park/green area.
As you escape, remember:
- don’t delay to save valuables or look for pets
- don’t investigate the fire
- crawl on the floor if there’s smoke - the air is cleaner near the floor, so put your nose as low as possible; remember - smoke is poisonous and can kill you
- as you go out, only open the doors you need to and close any open doors you can to slow the spread of the fire
- before you open doors, feel them with the back of your hand; if they’re warm, don’t open them – the fire is on the other side
- if you’re escaping with others, stay together if you can
If clothes catch fire
don’t run around – you will fan the flames and make them burn faster
lie down - this makes it harder for the fire to spread and reduces the effect of flames on your face and head (flames burn upwards)
smother the flames - cover the flames with heavy material, like a coat or blanket; this blocks the fire's supply of oxygen
roll around – rolling smothers the flames
Remember - if your clothes are on fire: STOP, DROP, ROLL
When you can't get out by your escape route
If your escape route is blocked:
- if you’re on the ground floor, go out of a window – throw bedding or cushions onto the ground outside to break your fall
- if you can’t open the window, use a heavy object to break it at the bottom corner – cover any jagged edges with clothing, a towel or a blanket
- lower children as far as possible before letting them drop – get an adult to break their fall if you can
- lower yourself by your arms from the window ledge before dropping
If you can’t get out, get everyone into one room:
- choose a room with a window, if you can
- put cushions, towels or bedding at the bottom of the door to block smoke
- open the window and call for help
- think now about which room might be best for this – you need a window that can be opened and, if possible, a phone for calling 999
Once you’re out and safe, use a mobile phone, (999 calls are free).Giving the address as South Causey Inn, Beamish Burn Road, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0LS Explain if anyone is trapped and what room they’re in – the more information you can give the Fire and Rescue Service, the more quickly and effectively they can help you
DON'T GO BACK IN
You should find somewhere safe to wait near the building. If there's someone still inside, wait for the Fire and Rescue Service to arrive. You can tell them about the person and they will be able to find them quicker than you.
If you go back into the building, you will slow down the fire-fighters' efforts to rescue anyone else missing, as well as putting your own life in great danger.
Smoking Policy, Damages and Charges
- Please be advised all of our bedrooms are Non-Smoking -Any damage to bedrooms or failure to comply with the no smoking policy will result in a cleaning charge of a minimum £100.
- Any bedroom keys not returned to reception on check out will be charged at £50
- Any damages or items removed from the room will be charged to this card upon booking.
Dining & Serving Times
- Lunch and dinner: 12:00 - 21:00 Monday to Saturday
- Sunday lunch: 12:00 - 20:30 Sunday & Bank Holidays
Please note last orders are 15 minutes before end of service.
Please note menus and serving times are subject to change. Please contact reception on '0' for the most current information.
- Please feel free to adjust your Radiator, thermostat can be found at the side of the Radiator. Anti Clockwise will increase the temperature.
Room Service & Charges
- Any room service items will be charged as they are ordered.
- Please note our room service serving times are the same as our restaurant serving time - this includes drinks service.
House Keeping Extra Towel & Bath Mats
- If you require any additional items i.e. towels, bath mats etc. please call reception
- Please dial "0" on your bedroom telephone.
- Reception is available by dialling "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- A Night porter is on duty throughout the night, if you require assitance please dial "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- In case of emergency please call 9999 on your hotel room telephone
- Check out is any time prior to 11.30am on the day of departure. Please return your key to reception.